“One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them… Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” Matt 19:13-14 (NLT)
The Purpose of Baby Blessing:
To pray a prayer of Blessing for the parents:
- To be an example to their children
- To teach them the ways of God
- For provision, wisdom and understanding
To pray a prayer of Blessing for the child:
- For God to watch over His child
- For blessing, provision and good health
- To come to a believing faith and grow up serving God
- For God to bestow gifts and opportunities to utilize them
TO DO LIST for the Family:
- If you are interested in having your baby blessed, sign up at the Info Desk and an interview will be arranged with one of our pastoral team.
- Please check in at Info Desk at 10h30 on the morning of the Baby Blessing.
- You may sit where you would normally sit at a service.
- Should you need to reserve more than 10 seats for family members, please arrange with the receptionist on 021 975 3717.
- The Pastor will call you and your little one/s up onto the stage before he begins preaching.
- Should your baby become restless after the Baby Blessing, please feel free to make use of our comfortable Parent’s Rooms.