As a church we'll be embarking on a week of Prayer & Fasting from 1-7 August.
We believe that this will be a significant time as we reorientate ourselves and set our eyes on the things of God as we step into the second half of the year.
Ways to Participate
- Pick something to FAST - See ways to fast below.
- Tune into LIVE PRAYER on our Instagram and Facebook Live from Monday to Saturday* at 7pm.
- Join us at PRAYER ENCOUNTER on Wednesday, 3 August as we gather to intentionally seek God in prayer and believe for Him to move in powerful ways.
- Follow our DAILY DEVOTIONALS on Instagram & Facebook.
What is fasting?
Fasting, in the literal sense, means to abstain or go without something, traditionally food, in order to focus on prayer and seeking God. Whenever we findourselves hungry - it's a reminder to pray.
Why do we fast?
Fasting and praying humbles us and increases our sense of dependence on God. Just like we need food to survive and we cannot live without it - so we depend on God to intervene in our situation of need.
Ways to fast
• 7 day Daniel fast – eat only plant-based meals
• 7 day absolute – Fast fast all food and drink (except water)
• 1 meal a day fast – Fast one meal (breakfast / lunch / dinner) every day
• 1 day absolute fast – Fast all food and drink for 1 day of the week